- For Hartwell House: email@example.com
- For Bodysgallen Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Middlethorpe Hall: email@example.com
On 24th September 2008 the directors of Historic House Hotels have given the company and its three hotels, Bodysgallen Hall, Hartwell House and Middlethorpe Hall, to The National Trust to continue their present style of hotel keeping under the existing management and all the present directors of Historic House Hotels for the benefit of the National Trust, with all profits going to the charity.
The motivation for the gift is to ensure that the houses and their land are kept safe forever, protected from inappropriate development, and continue to be maintained to their present high standards.
The gardens at Historic House Hotels, as the other National Trust parks and gardens, are managed according to a long-term plan for their conservation, taking into account all their history, influences, qualities and contents, together with constraints that affect them. Volunteer gardeners help permanent staff in the upkeep, development and protection of the gardens in a variety of ways.
Helping in the continuing development and renewal of the garden/park through:
- planting trees and shrubs;
- establishing borders and other garden features;
- clearing and renovating overgrown areas;
Assisting in the general upkeep of the garden/park through:
- tidying up, dead-heading, weeding, manuring and border upkeep;
-caring for trees, shrubs and plants, and pruning;
- propagating and nursery work;
- the upkeep of lawns and other grass areas, grass cutting;
- maintaining garden machinery and equipment;
Assisting in the provision of information to hotel guests and preparing the opening of the gardens to the public in accordance with the National Trust standards.
Undertaking such other appropriate gardening assistance, as may be reasonably requested by Head Gardener.
Working in compliance with Historic House Hotels at all times.
All these arrangements are binding in honour only and not intended to be legally binding.